Unfortunately links on the web go dark|silent|missing – effectively dead.
I found 4 posts here with deadlinks. Added a new tag “deadlink”. Trying to locate things as I find them useful.
14 years ago the thought didn’t occur to me. Today it does. I will be saving things to PDF formats at the minimum.
1. Be patient. No matter what.
2. Don’t badmouth: Assign responsibility, not blame. Say nothing of another you wouldn’t say to him.
3. Never assume the motives of others are, to them, less noble than yours are to you.
4. Expand your sense of the possible.
5. Don’t trouble yourself with matters you truly cannot change.
6. Expect no more of anyone than you can deliver yourself.
7. Tolerate ambiguity.
8. Laugh at yourself frequently.
9. Concern yourself with what is right rather than who is right.
10. Never forget that, no matter how certain, you might be wrong.
11. Give up blood sports.
12. Remember that your life belongs to others as well. Don’t risk it frivolously.
13. Never lie to anyone for any reason. (Lies of omission are sometimes exempt.)
14. Learn the needs of those around you and respect them.
15. Avoid the pursuit of happiness. Seek to define your mission and pursue that.
16. Reduce your use of the first personal pronoun.
17. Praise at least as often as you disparage.
18. Admit your errors freely and soon.
19. Become less suspicious of joy.
20. Understand humility.
21. Remember that love forgives everything.
22. Foster dignity.
23. Live memorably.
24. Love yourself.
I’m always amused when someone in a film or TV program says something like, “We’re going to blow up in thirty seconds”, then the characters proceed to talk, argue, vow undying love, or whatever for a full minute before the bomb is defused in the last seconds. I’m waiting for someone to put a stop watch on one of these encounters and blow them up in the predicted thirty seconds while they are in mid sentence. I always feel a little cheated that their thirty seconds are longer than mine.
via About Time – Marilyn J Evans’ Blog
Randomly think of a thing. Let it bump around your head a bit
via How to Write a Blog Post – Rands in Repose
iPhone has the capability to automatically answer inbound phone calls. Much as this sounds, with the auto-answer feature enabled, the iPhone will answer all phone calls automatically that come to the phone.
via How to Make iPhone Automatically Answer Calls
Arizona’s two senators took President Donald Trump to task in separate forums Wednesday, saying his attacks on the press and “fake news” claims embolden dictators to crack down on media abroad and endanger democracy at home.
via Flake, McCain: Trump attacks on media hurt democracy, aid dictators
A friend and author is entering the “real world” of publishing and marketing her works. First up is Beloved Lives by Marilyn J. Evans over at Amazon.
The only tools currently being used are Facebook and e-mail through a web interface. All the rest? Nope.
Starting with a blog (WordPress thankfully), needing some Twitter and other exposure as well.
Looks like I am going to be doing a bit more using the blogging tools, and linking/sharing in general.
We have a place for short-postings